Friday, February 1, 2013

Limericks

We were going through our school and we ended with poetry.  Our assignment for the day was to make a limerick.  We went online and found some limericks.  One of my favorites goes like this:



There was a young man from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When asked why this was,
He replied "It's because
I always try to fit as many syllables into the last line as ever I possibly can."

I hope you get a good laugh out of it.

And then it was my turn:

There was an old man with kazoos,
Who got struck down with the flus.
He never got over
He now lives with Grover
The sorry old man with the blues.

By Isaac King

McDonald's has only one fry
And everyone wanted to buy
They auctioned it away
So it wouldn't decay
So now some old guy has the fry.

By Isaac King

No comments:

Post a Comment